Friday 25 September 2015

Scrap the Girls September 2015

this is the sketch challenge for Scrap The Girls, for September 2015

http://scrap-the-girls.blogspot.com.au/



I used a few techniques with this one.
I used light moulding paste and a stencil of interupted circles from 13 Arts.
Once this was dry I sprayed with Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains;
stormy sky
chipped saphire
broken china
weathered wood
 
 I then sprayed my ScrapMatts chipboard of connected circles with the Distress Spray Stain - stormy sky
 
I didn't like the result so I painted over the top of it with white gesso, as I did with the ScrapFX chipboard fairy.
 I flicked the Distress Spray Stains over the whole page. along with Tim Holtz Picket Fence paint.
 
I also dropped Liquitex Professional Ink- Phthalocyanine Blue (green shade)and also
Titanium White. from a height with the dropper! ( that was fun!)
 
While that was drying I played around with my Dusty Attic chipboard flowers. Again I didn't like the result with the Distress Spray Stain(too dark) so I covered them with the Liquitex inks ( names as mentioned) and linked them all together with Kaisercraft Pearl Brads.
 
I also used ABACA Tissue. I bought it at the recent Paperific expo in Melbourne. I sprayed the tissue with the Tim Holtz Spray Stains. When it was dry I cut it into squares, folded them and hand sewed each petal to make a 5 petaled flower- required gentle handling, however the result didn't look too bad.
I also used what I had sprayed to wrap a tag and attached my title "Life's a Beach" to it.
The pearly centres of the flowers were buttons I had bought at the local Scrapbooking Shop-" Made With Memories", as were the sea shells.
I used the Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen big brush( skyblue146) to handwrite my journalling on a Kaisercraft Journal Card -"Captured Moments Life's Treasures"
The photo is a picture of myself and my daughter all ready to slip off the back of the tourist boat to swim over the top of Manta Rays in the Ningaloo reef , in the northwest of Western Australia.
I finished it off with sequins, hat pins,pearl bling, bottle top and Bling Heart.
 
I am really pleased with the result!
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow Rosemary - this is fabulous! I love that mixed media background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! Love the shades of blue. Thanks for joining us at STG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing background to go with that fun photo, I love all the flowers too. Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome layout, thanks heaps for joining us at STGs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the dimension of your page - I just want to reach out and touch it!! Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout - just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls! x AJ

    ReplyDelete